Everybody knows that some people and talking don’t mix. Maybe that person fidgets, maybe they are super boring, or maybe they’re me! I’m proud to say that my conversational skills are a unhappy blend between weird topics, speed talking, interrupting, bad timing, stupid questions, and answers that reveal just how stupid I can be when put on the spot. (Such as, “Where do you live?” *I blush furiously* “Ummm…I know exactly where it is but I’m not sure exactly what it’s called. Near Blah Blah Blah…probably”.) The point is, some people need a little advice and I’m here to give it to them. But first bear with me here while I explain a little something about my own particular brand of conversational skills.
A lot of people can hopefully relate to what I like to call “The Two Filter System”. How the 2 Filter System works is where I reveal that I have only two settings on my mouth. The first one is where I am constantly stumbling up with my words, can never thing of anything to say, and basically don’t talk at all. The second is where the filter has been removed. Completely. This is how I speak to my friends. And very rarely–usually when I am tired or very happy–this is how I speak to a randomly chosen person who does not move away when I get near. They usually act polite and never speak to me again. Continue reading
Yes, it happens. Some people don’t actually own their own phone. What I (used to) use to “text” people is a google app called hangouts. It’s built off of my email. Consequently I can use it when checking my emails, but for any cellular device, you have to install the app. It’s not all that hard to figure out how to use but for a quick learn, here’s some visual aid. So here you go:
Hope everyone can read my pink writing!
If anyone wants to rant with me about the current governmental situation, feel free to start commenting your mind on this post. Just to give people a view on my own opinions, here is a link that I think is brilliant reading material:
Sowell: History and facts missing from socialism argument
I will be posting more political papers as the election comes up. This is just the beginning. *cue evil laugh*
Does anyone else ever celebrate Festivus? My family does and this winter we got even more traditional with the Festivus appetizer of airline snacks. Our Festivus pole in all of its dingy glory:
There is a very serious question I would like all of you to ask yourselves. How many boards would the mongols hoard if the mongol hoards got bored?
Who’s excited for the new year? I am! Why? you may ask. Because I finally get to start a new sketchbook of course! Although you are free to share yours, my new years resolutions have to remain secret. I can’t have everyone knowing my secrets, now can I? <3 I hope everyone likes my new years eve pizza wallpaper.
Christmas is just around the corner and I’M NOT READY!!! The tree is not up, the lights are not strung, the cookies are not baked! (OK, that’s a lie. The lights technically are up outside.) We have 9 days until Christmas and that means 8 until my relatives fly down. Our house is a mess and 8 days to clean a lifetime of clutter…not going to happen. But a silly little time crunch is not going to stop me! The tree will go up if it’s the last thing I do. There is a tiny little problem though; we don’t have room. Let me explain. The room by the door is where the tree lives. We have a piano and a big round table in that room. So we usually move the tabe into the room next to it, making room for the tree. But this time we have a big dining table in the other room (for out guests) and some metal carts holding school supplies and books blocking the way. Bottom line. Tree isn’t going to fit. ‘Now what will you do?’ you might ask. Well let me answer. We will only set up half of the tree. I cant live with that! Where will all the presents fit?
As a blog author, I feel it is my duty to educate the masses in the best movies of all time.
- Played by Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter, I present the first; Bill and Ted’s excellent adventure. Socrates will be forever changed in your mind if you view this wonderful creation. Please do, It’s amazing. (And just so you know what to expect, it’s funny and stupid.)
- A second movie that I adore is the Princess Bride. It seems to be viewed quite frequently but there may be those of you who have not seen it. It is an adventure and quite silly but I love it anyways. Main is played by Cary Elwes in his younger days.
- This film is quite old (1991) and many have never even heard of it; The Rocketeer. If you are a fan of super hero movies (ME!) you know that few superheroes have no powers without the help of a mechanical device. Billy Campbell plays a hero exactly in that category. (And plays it excellently!)
- Everyone has probably heard of Pride and Prejudice. I certainly did when I was forced to read it for a class. The book was exactly as I had feared, boring and extremely old fashioned. However when I saw the BBC version with Jennifer Ehle, I nearly fell in love with it myself. It is very funny and the characters are not dull at all. It’s seriously good, trust me. (Emma or its modern counterpart Clueless is very good too)
- But my absolute favorite move at the moment is Mirror Mirror starring Lily Collins. It is purely an adventurous, hilarious version of Snow White. I don’t expect anyone to love it but it puts a completely new twist on the old fairy tale it represents and you may be surprised.
- And this does not include Disney (there are too amazing ones many to count.)
If you are the type of person I am, then you enjoy listening to music while browsing the web for the best artists or writers and their tutorial videos. To be helpful here are a few good ones that I have found (there are more but these are the best yet): Continue reading